Friday, September 29, 2006

Che Guevara and India

By John Cheeran
Recently I had opportunities to travel through Kerala, that Marxist bastion in India.
Some of the sights I caught while travelling in bus in Cochin was the posters proclaiming Democratic Youth Federation of India's (DYFI) district meeting.
Well, it shows DYFI's organizational skill that they can conduct district meetings in style throughout the state.
My only quarrel with DYFI is this. How long you guys plan to cling on to comrade Che Guevara?
Is it not ridiculous to hold your district or state level meetings by selling a Latin American revolutionary icon in India? Don't you have a single revolutionary among you, past and present, with whom an Indian can relate to?
It's the tragedy of Marxists in India that they have failed to produce a single revolutionary who can inspire the Indian youth.
So everytime they have to approach people, they rescue Che from dust and oblivion.
Long live Che.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI. I hope u got my previous mail where I had requested you to get in touch with me because of our common links with Rajaji and Sunil. My e-mail is sandeep4731@gmail.com Thanks. Looking fwd to yr reply.

Anonymous said...

well said john,i really agree with u that its we used che for churn out some revolutionary,a new visionary,who reworks the needs of the very own people of india.

Anonymous said...

good article

http://www.eyekerala.com

ജാലകം
 
John Cheeran at Blogged