Monday, July 14, 2008

Asif fails WADA dope test and exclaims "who done it"

By John Cheeran
Poor Mohammad Asif. The plight of Pakistani fast bowler is quite similar to that of the duchess who exclaimed:"I'm pregnant. Who done it?"
Asif, of course, is innocent.
The bowler has no doubts on that score. But the the Indian Premier League says according to WADA's dope tests, it is Asif who has come out positive.
Is this, then, the work of India's dirty tricks department Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) to sully the name of Pakistan cricket?
"I am shocked and surprised because I was extra cautious and never used any banned substances," Asif told AFP. "I don't know what to do. I will decide the next course of action only after consultation with my lawyer."
Excellent response.
Was this the same bowler who had an extended all paid holiday in Dubai International Airport as recently as last month?
Was this the same bowler who failed another dope test nearly two years ago?
I have heard that Delhi has quite a few feisty djinns and they must have turned dare Devils to spoil Asif's IPL party and put some substance into Asif's lassi.
But there are more powerful djinns in Pakistan Cricket Board and International Cricket Council, and I'm sure, traces of the positive substance in Asif's system soon will be miraculously wiped out.

1 comment:

Don Quay said...

Wisden honour will motivate me to perform better - Zaheer

What was the recipe of your success?

I want to credit the Derbyshire Cricket County Club for the success. I was then out of the national squad, but Derbyshire helped me to get back into rhythm. My sincere thanks to Graeme Hick too, who was inspirational at the initial stages.

D Datta claims Gulf News spoke to Zaheer Khan.

ZK or Graeme Hick never played for Derbyshire.

For the record, ZK represented Worcestershire. Hick is a Worcs legend...

ജാലകം
 
John Cheeran at Blogged