Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Dravid is decent, unlike normal cricketers!

By John Cheeran
Dravid is decent, unlike normal cricketers!
This remark comes from former Pakistan captain and current chairman of the Pakistan selection committee Wasim Bari.
Bari, I suppose, is not a Dravidian.
Bari, after meeting the Indian skipper at Lahore described him as a "very educated person". Now I have a question.
Is Sourav Ganguly a normal cricketer? Is Ganguly deserves to be called decent?
Bari, a former wicketkeeper, said: "He looked a very educated person to me. The other day he saw me and came over to me on his own and said 'How are you Baribhai?'," Bari told his fellow selector Iqbal Qasim during the first Test at Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore.
"It was nice of him to come and ask my well being. Normally, you do not find such players these days," said Bari.
When someone told that Dravid comes from a respected family in Bangalore and that his mother is a professor and a doctorate in fine arts, and his father is also a thorough gentleman, Bari said he was not aware of this. "I don't know about his background, but I found him a decent person, unlike normal cricketers," said Bari.

No comments:

ജാലകം
 
John Cheeran at Blogged