Friday, January 06, 2006

When Ganguly speaks about bottom lines

A Blog Report
When Sourav Ganguly speaks we must take note. It would be interesting to know what he perceives as reality.
Former India captain Sourav Ganguly has said he is determined to revive his career in Pakistan after enduring the "worst" year of his career.
"It was the worst year as far as my cricketing career is concerned. I’m really happy that 2005 has passed," Ganguly told the Mumbai-based 'Mid-Day' newspaper.
Ganguly says he is ready for the challenge despite being written off by former players both in India and Pakistan. "It is their opinion," he said. "I’ve nothing to do with what they think or believe.
"I know that I’ve to score runs. If I can do so, that will be the best for me. And I don’t want to be distracted at this moment. I just want to avoid controversies. "The bottom line is, I have to make runs, lots of runs."
Ganguly said India had a good chance to succeed again on Pakistani soil. "Why not? If we are to beat them, we have to bat well first. That’s the basic thing. And there’s no reason why we cant do that," he said.
Ganguly said his new year resolution is to "toil hard and come out successful". "In 1996, it was tough to break into the team. Now it’s tougher. But I am readyto accept it. That’s the challenge of 2006," he said.

No comments:

ജാലകം
 
John Cheeran at Blogged