Friday, January 06, 2006

Lesson One: An elegy to Naushad

By John Cheeran
I must express my extreme disappointment that no one out there is interested in the plight of an Indian worker imprisoned in Saudi Arabia, waiting for his eyes to be gouged out.
My web log is not the best address in the web, still I expected a few stray comments on this poor Indian’s plight and the system that has sucked him into it.
When I had run a campaign to rid Indian cricket of the pest called Sourav Ganguly, I had at least a few comments from the agitated Ganguly fans.
I had taken that extreme step in self-promotion after publishing Naushad’s story.
I had emailed the link to www.johncheeran.blogspot.com to a few strangers’ (all Indian) addresses that initially I got from a chain mail from another acquaintance.
They were all agitated at my lack of civility and shamelessness in self-promotion as they had nothing got to do with the blind justice that prevails in Saudi Arabia.
I admit that I made a mistake in sending unsolicited emails to total strangers. They have every reason to feel assaulted at their privacy.
Who the hell is Naushad?
And who the hell is John Cheeran?
Spam are all welcome, since who knows, one day they might contain the map to that much sought-after treasure hunt.
If Naushad loses his eye, it matters little to the rest of the world.
When Ganguly is dropped from the Indian team, Indian parliamentarians took up the cudgels on the behalf of the Maharaj, cutting across party boundaries, I must add.
The ability of Indian Republic in prioritizing its life is amazing.
Maa thuje salaam!

No comments:

ജാലകം
 
John Cheeran at Blogged