Monday, February 05, 2007

Sreesanth battles for the big moment

By John Cheeran
Selectors' gaze will be firmly on fast bowler S Sreesanth as he runs up to bowl in the first two one-day matches against Sri Lanka, beginning on February 8 in Kolkata.
Sreesanth found himself disoriented when he conceded 1/79 in Nagpur and 1/67 in Chennai on flat wickets against the West Indies. He was in fact unlucky not to get a bowl on a dodgy track at Cuttack though.
Now is the moment for Sreesanth.
Life can be merciless as Australian all-rounder Andrew Symonds realises after having injured and almost ruled out of the World Cup. Sreesanth has to grab his chances in the next two games. And he knows it.
Sreesanth says the hammering he got at Nagpur and Chennai have been good lessons.
"It was a learning experience for me. I had bowled quite a few wides and I will not commit such mistakes. I will stop the runs. I will put in my very best against the Sri Lankans in the coming matches," Sreesanth has said in Cochin.
"It is a great opportunity for me that I have been selected for the first two matches against Sri Lanka. I would work hard and will see that I do not give many runs this time. I am still a learner. I will not take things for granted," he said.
It's already been a long journey for Sreesanth from the heights of Wanderers to the fast approaching wilderness.

No comments:

ജാലകം
 
John Cheeran at Blogged