Sunday, October 15, 2006

India will have a tough ride

By John Cheeran
Always bet on your worst fears.
I have been following Murphy's Law for a long, long time.
So I will pick Australia to win the Champions Trophy because they are simply too good compared to other teams.
What about India?
I would like to see India winning the Champions Trophy but I have to admit that my faith in them has shaken a bit.
I still reckon that Dravid's boys have the potential to join Australia for a semifinal berth from Group A, pushing back West Indies and England. And if you consider the home advantage, India should reach semifinals.
To win the next two matches, without having any second chance to redeem themselves, Dravid will have to lead from the front, scoring plenty of runs and goading his bowlers to strangle the opposition.
It is very much possible. After all, you have to score only one run more than your rivals to win.

No comments:

ജാലകം
 
John Cheeran at Blogged