Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Cheeni Kum? No Problem

By John Cheeran
Reviewer gives the movie Cheeni Kum the thumbs down in The Independent. I’m no admirer of Amitab Bacchan, the actor or the personality. So I’m not bothered.
Cheeni Kum is described as a tormentingly witless romcom. And let me quote “When your teeth aren’t grinding from the leaden dialogue your ears are hurting from the outrageously intrusive score.”
That line prompted me to check out who did the score for Balakrishnan’s movie. That is Ilayaraja, the legendary Indian composer, with most of his work done for Tamil and Malayalam movies.
Ilayaraja’s score sounds intrusive? Possible.

1 comment:

Movie Mazaa said...

I am no admirer of AB myself too, so I ain't bothered too.. :D

But the music??? I wud say its impressive that intrusive... ;) :)

ജാലകം
 
John Cheeran at Blogged